Sunday, December 19, 2004

Two Oregon Women Missing in 2004

I hitchhiked through Alaska, Whitehorse Yukon Territory Canada, Washington State, Montana, Iowa, Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming and Oregon this year.

And I am seriously fortunate to be alive!

Two women went missing this year in Oregon. And neither one of them took the risks that I did.

The mystery of their disappearance stays with me.

The first woman, Brooke Wilberger, vanished from Corvallis, Oregon on May 24, 2004. I went through Corvallis after Brooke disappeared. I talked to people who work at the local MacDonald's and the public library. I remember the ribbons and the big sign outside a church. Posters of Brooke were everywhere.

I left Corvallis and hitchhiked to a whistlestop town called Otis.

After buying a sandwich and a soda at a small store, I walked a short way up the road. I sat down on a log by a wooded area and munched my lunch. Then I walked a bit further and decided to take a stroll down a marked wooded path by a river.

After wandering through the woods for a short ways, I came upon something that totally unnerved me:

Someone had fashioned a large "X" out of branches in the middle of the path. Suddenly, that wooded area didn't seem lovely to me anymore. I'm not sure why. But I ran right out of there. I definitely got a bad vibe on that path!

The second woman, Kim Forbes, disappeared on October 31, 2004. She was last seen in the Hood River area of Oregon.

Kim's disappearance bothers me because she has such a kind face. Even though I don't know her personally, Kim's photos show her to be someone that I would love to hang out with. She appears to be fun-loving and kind.

Kim is also very close to my age.

It's obvious that someone knows what happened to these two women.

I pray that God taps the right person on the shoulder and the answers are revealed in 2005.

[UPDATE 2012: Brooke Wilberger: Her killer, Joel Courtney CONFESSED and told investigators where they could find Brooke's remains.
KGW-TV 8 NEWS UPDATE, FEB. 2011

Kim Forbes: The Hood River County Sheriff's Office in Oregon is taking another look at the Forbes case. Kim Forbes was recently featured IN A NEWS STORY by KOIN-TV 6, on May 9, 2012.

[UPDATE 2016: My tracker continues to record random hits on my posts about Kim Forbes. To date, she has never been found.]

No comments: