Thursday, January 13, 2005

The FBI Million Dollar Guy

In the months after the 9/11 tragedy, I referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation [FBI] as "Forever Being Idiots."

At the time, they deserved that label.

Now Homeland Security is trying to get its act together.

I hope that they do.

Too many bad people have slipped through the Federal net over the years.

[One example is listed on the America's Most Wanted website: VICTOR MANUEL GERENA. Click on the post headline above to follow AMW's coverage of the manhunt for Gerena.]

I listen to the radio while I do my work online. The station that I listen to most often is 105.9 FM "The River" from here in Portland, Oregon USA.

Lately that station has been airing a recruiting commercial for the FBI. It's sort of weird to hear a voice ask "Would you like to work for the FBI?" after the close of the "Jammin'" song by Bob Marley!

Kind of makes me want to pass a star-spangled joint!

With proper credentials, of course.

2 comments:

Binsk said...

Take care of yourself Ruth...don't put yourself in harm's way

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Robin:

Without bread inside the wrapper, the tie has nothing to twist.

;)