Sunday, January 16, 2005

God and George's Burning Bush

George Bush's comments smack of "country club" arrogance.

I WOULD suggest that Mr. Bush get out and mingle with the "commoners" a bit more. BUT he just spent the past year doing that and it hasn't helped much.

For a Republican, he certaintly spends a great deal of time thinking like the back end of a donkey.

George Bush considers an opposing viewpoint to be an "attack" on him?

Good Golly Miss Molly!

This is the man who is SUPPOSED to be representing the PEOPLE!

So if I am a blue-blooded Baptist sitting in a pew every Sunday morning in Oklahoma, am I a TRUE United States Patriot?

What if I take communion during mass in a cathedral in downtown Boston?

What if I send my prayers up to a Higher Power in a Jewish temple in Seattle?

What if I am a Buddhist in San Francisco?

What if I am a card-carrying member of the Church of ESPN? What if my worship consists of the Sunday morning sports pages and an afternoon game?

If I am one of the above, am I a Patriot or the political personification of evil?

When did George Bush acquire the pipeline to God Almighty?

Am I not only un-patriotic but also a damned heathen if I refuse to recite the "Pledge of Allegiance"?

Are the Ten Commandments closer to the flag than the Talmud?

To be a Yankee Doodle Dandy, should I avoid Muslims and their faith, altogether?

Should religion dictate patriotism in these United States of America?

[I love the title that I chose for this post.]

2 comments:

alyceclover said...

Ah, it gets worse, will it ever get better? 03/28/2006 reading your older blog posts. Excellent writer, funny, too. Don't think he won any elections, stole might make a better word. I'm convinced GWB in a Maliganant Narcissitic, and a bit of psychopath in the mix. Are there any normal people working closer to him, that can't do something to get him out of office.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Answering your comment in January 2008:

My friend, your words were prophetic.

See how things are now?

Now every sane citizen can't wait to get that asshole out of office!