CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Friday, January 07, 2005

Google Rolls Over And Plays Dead

This is a copy of an email that Blogger Support [blogger@trakken.com]sent to me:

"Blogger is a provider of content creation tools,
not a mediator of that content. We allow our users to create blogs, but we
don't make any claims about the content of these pages. In cases where a
contact email address is listed on the page, we recommend working directly
with the author to have this information removed or changed."
______________________________

My Reaction: I better never hear Google declare that it's totally run by human beings. Because today Google proved...that it isn't.

4 comments:

Richard said...

If you get tired of Blogger/Google's runaround considering movin' on up to Typepad. I can't say how TP would've reacted in a similar situation. But I like the product a whole lot more & the staff are amazingly responsive.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Now THAT is a good comment!

Thank you for the information, Richard, I'll check Typepad out today.

I appreciate your information.

Something tells me that I am not the only one leaving Google's Blogger for greener pastures!!

Ruthie In The Sky said...

After visiting Richard's listed website, it appears that he is having some problems with Typepad or one of its components.

I will contact Richard and get clarification. When I do, I will post it on this blog.

Richard said...

A couple of things, Ruthie: First a clarification about the problems I'm having with Typepad. Most of them are very specific to the Firefox v. 1.0 browser that I'm using. If you use that version you MAY have similar problems. If you don't, you have smooth sailing ahead.

Also, my problems mostly relate to Typepad's new rich text or WYSIWYG text editor. Typepad also has an html plain text editor which I used before the new rich text version came along & I continue to use the html editor when I publish through the TP interface. So nothing's changed for me. It's just that I can't use the state of the art version of the blog's editor. But I mostly use Ecto as my blog publishing tool, so I don't have to face these problems. And Ecto is fantastic for what it does.

I have some gripes with Typepad, but I've tried Blogger & believe me my problems now are nothing compared to what they were when I was at Blogger.

Second, I wanted to make you aware that someone like I Love a Tsunami (or whatever his blog name was) has left a hateful e mail for me after reading my own posts about the tsunami. I've published his e mail at: http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun_olam/2005/01/tsunami_hating__1.html