Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Psychics

The above word conjures up a blend of cynicism, bad jokes and curiosity.

In the Spring of 2000, I met a self-proclaimed psychic in Maine.

I asked her if psychics ever wrote anything prophetic. I figured that "psychics" [my alias for "fraud" at that time] just wrote books to make a buck.

She looked me straight in the eye and said: "Of course...That is the real psychic's stock and trade."

I agreed to participate in an experiment:

I recalled a recent dream and sent her an email about it. I also saved a copy and sent it to myself.

At that time, my hotmail name was "Blondie".

The significance of the email is wrapped-up not only in what I WROTE but WHEN I wrote it. [For privacy purposes, some of the header information is either altered or not included]:
___________________________

[From: "blondie" To:[I'M NOT INCLUDING THE NAME HERE] CC: blondie_----[at]hotmail.com Subject: Dream Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 18:28:03 EST MIME-Version: 1.0 X-Originating-IP: [------] Received: from [------] by www.hotmail.com with HTTP;Sat, 01 Apr 2000 19:28:03 EST

Rocks...High...Tower...Light...Black Clouds...Sulfur...Wind...Crying...Lost...Other side calling...Want to go back...Brick building...Flames...Iron...Message barely heard...Morse code...Plane...Hot metal...Molten glass...Blood...Bomb...Explosion.]
___________________________

I had that dream in the Spring of 2000. I sent the above email to the psychic woman on April 1, 2000.

What do the words that I wrote remind you of?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My guess is, the 9-11 incident. I, however, have the benefit of hindsight on this one. :)