CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Friday, April 08, 2005

Ruthie On The Road--Ontario, Oregon

I am on the road right now and have spent the past five days in Ontario, Oregon.

Ontario is situated near the Idaho border.

It's a whistle-stop to be sure but a deluxe one, nevertheless.

There are some very nice people living in this town. I have enjoyed everyone from the lady at the bus station to the people at the two motels that I stayed at.

A lady named Marge has been my "buddy" since I've been here and she deserves a medal for being so helpful to me.

I had a problem with one of my fingers and had to go to the hospital. She went right along with me and stayed with me the whole time.

The hospital was a total disappointment and so was the cab company that ended up ripping me off.

Note to everyone:

Bring your own wheels and don't get sick in Ontario, Oregon!
[2008 UPDATE: Life has improved in Ontario, Oregon. I know this because I am spending this winter in the Ontario area.]

No comments: