Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Oh wow am I ever behind on this!!! Sorry about that, Campers, I have been on the road. REALLY on the road, gang!

I got to Meadville, Pennsylvania where I talked to my friend Kelly by cell phone and she got mad when I told her that the Meadville police department had dumped me on an on-ramp outside of town.

It was evening, the sun was obviously setting and there were no lights on that ramp.

Kelly was furious.

So she called the Pennsylvania State Police and told them to come get me and put me in a motel room. She told them that she'd pay for it.

The State came, picked me up and made arrangements through the Salvation Army to put me up in the Motel 6 overnight. The rep from the SA told the State cop that I would be put on a bus the next day to Morgantown, West Virginia [my next stop].

I never got the bus.

The following morning a guy from the SA called and asked me why I thought I was "worth a bus ticket anywhere." And he wanted to know where I was from and blah, blah, blah.

I hung-up on him. Then he called me back and I told him off. Then I hung-up again.

This time he didn't call me back.

No comments: