Friday, July 22, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I took a Powder River bus from Casper, Wyoming to Billings, Montana. And I arrived there in the middle of the night.

I walked, and I walked, and I walked...And did I say I walked?

Yeah. I sure did.

When I was done walking, it was daylight and I was picked up on Interstate 94, given food, drink and a small bit of cash. That money ended up helping me a great deal.

I was dropped off in a little down in the middle of nowhere in northeastern Montana.

When I attempted to walk up the ramp, I fell and cut my right knee, bruised my left arm and twisted my left ankle.

Six vehicles rolled by me and nobody stopped to help.

I finally picked myself up, dusted off, hitched my pack over my shoulders and limped back down to a small cafe.

The waitress there took pity on me and gave me four refills of Mountain Dew in a tall glass with ice.

Then she packed me up some orange juice with extra ice in a Styrofoam cup which I carried back up to the interstate.

It was very, very hot that day!!!

No comments: