Monday, July 25, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Back on the road I go today. I am leaving Crookston, Minnesota on U.S. Highway 2 and heading for Bemidji, Minnesota. I understand that they have a shelter there...I hope so!

I would just love to travel all the way to Ashland, Wisconsin [my final destination] today but I know I won't get THAT lucky!

It's a cool and rainy day today so I will be much more comfortable than I was the other day in the searing heat.

I listened to dazzling Dan Gladden yesterday as he did his radio play-by-play of the baseball game between the Minnesota Twins and the Detroit Tigers.

Ahhhh...The old days.

Dan used to play for both of those teams.

I remember watching him at the old stadium in downtown Detroit.

The Tigers beat the Twins yesterday.

And somehow...I think that Rob's brother probably didn't care either way.

Too bad. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Right, Dan?

No comments: