Monday, August 29, 2005

Cindy Sheehan Tour

Click on the post headline above and you will go to the "Bring Them Home Now" tour website.

This amazing endeavor has evolved, in part, through the efforts of Cindy Sheehan.

I heard on the radio today [a very right-wing biased report, by the way] that Cindy Sheehan supports abortion. I don't.

But that is not the point here.

Cindy is against the conflict and rising American death toll in the Middle East. So am I.

So I sent Cindy an email and I plan to send her several more. I want to meet with her in Washington DC if not before that.

The bus tour, which will include, according to the website: "...military and Gold Star families, veterans of the Iraq War and veterans of previous wars... will travel different routes across the country, converging in Washington, DC on September 21, for the United for Peace and Justice Mobilization September 24th-26th."

I will talk a great deal more about Cindy in the very near future.

It's about time we all did this.

No comments: