Friday, August 05, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update cont'd.

I spent the rest of the night on a bench by a bus stop downtown. I thought about everything that had happened that day.

The cops circled around in their cruisers off-and-on, but they never stopped.

I forced myself to stay awake and at 5:30 am I went down to the local coffee shop and waited for it to open. Then I went to Burger King. Then I went down a park, sat down at a table, put my head on my pack and fell asleep.

Two hours later a drunk woke me up and I left the park.

I decided to locate the United Way office and am now very glad that I did. They helped me. So did the folks that they sent me to.

Yesterday afternoon I finally tucked myself into bed at a local mom-and-pop motel.

I didn't wake up again until 6:20 am this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post... thanks.

Lila
my site: gifted children

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Hello Lila!

I love your site. So many children are gifted...actually they all are.

And what is sad is the fact that because some of those children are homeless...their gifts are often never ever recognized.

:(