Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update cont'd.

I started walking along the shoulder of I-86 West and amazingly enough, was picked up by two different drivers.

But after the last lady dropped me off, I was out in the high-desert country, in the dark and definitely on my own.

I walked for a long time. Finally I reached the Massacre Rocks rest area and sat down on a stone bench outside the building.

I stayed there, throwing pieces of chocolate doughnut to the local field mice, for the next five hours.

Finally, at 5 am, I grabbed my pack and started walking down the shoulder of the interstate...Again.

I tried and tried and tried to get a ride. Nobody would stop.

Finally, after almost an hour, somebody did.

And the man brought me into a small town called Burley, Idaho. This is where I am now.

I met a man who made sure that I got a motel for the night and who is now working on getting me a bus ticket out of here.

He called the State of Idaho yesterday and asked them about hitchhiking. He was told that I can walk, like I was doing, but I cannot hitchhike or fly a sign.

Go figure.

Meanwhile, President "Maggot-In-Man-Form" Bush talked to troop families in Boise yesterday.

He made sure that he was far away from Texas when he did.

Do you have any idea why, Campers?

Duh.

PRIVATE MESSAGE: I know what you did and why you did it. Be Warned. I am now your enemy.

No comments: