Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The Sisters offered me the chance to stay at the shelter until I saved up enough money for an apartment. Or so they said.

But yesterday, Sister Karen pointed out apartments in the classified ads and I hadn't even officially moved into the room at the shelter yet!

She told me "This is not the place for someone to stay who's writing a book."

My question is: Why not?

There are recovering drinkers and drug addicts living at the shelter and it appears that some of them have been there for some time.

Why can't I stay at the shelter [providing that I pay my rent] just like those people are...For an extended period of time?

Maybe I just want to have a little SRO to live in for a year.

If I pay my rent, keep the room clean and follow the rules...Why can't I stay for six months or more?

I don't know.

And this afternoon when I take off...I guess I never will know why.

2 comments:

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way..

Ruthie In The Sky said...

I am unable to access your blog from this computer but I will try again soon.

Thank you for the compliment.

Are you male or female?

Just curious. :)