Monday, August 15, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I stayed several days with my friend Jeremy Lee at his apartment in Mandan, North Dakota located seven miles outside of Bismarck.

I ate, slept and recovered after my tough journey from Fargo.

Jeremy took me to see a nice lady who got me a bus ticket from Bismarck to Billings, Montana.

I left Bismarck at 3:30 this morning. I am now in a small town called Dillon which is located off of Interstate 15 in South-Central Montana.

I made a sign when I got to Billings and it caught the attention of a man in a big pickup truck. He is a "biochemist" of sorts who works in "Design and Consulation Biooxidation/Remediation Processes" according to his business card.

It turns out that he has traveled to Africa and other places worldwide. And right now he is using microscopic biofeeders to rid the local gold mines of cyanide. The man explained that the mines use cyanide to process gold. And the little bio-critters literally eat the cyanide and live to chow another day.

I meet the most incredible people on the road!

Tomorrow I will head back out on the road again. I hope to bypass Idaho Falls and Pocatello before stopping in Boise, Idaho for another rest.

Goodnight and sweet dreams, Campers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting info! Visit my site about christian inspiration for info on christian inspiration

If you have time, check it out.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Thank you for your comment. I looked at your site. However, I am quite leery of "Christians" alltogether these days.

Especially online.

I have been on the internet since 1995 and have never found a Christian site that I could relate to. Not in ten years. Ever.

Furthermore, I have been VERY disappointed when I have visited congregations in unfamiliar towns on Sunday morning.

And MOST IMPORTANT!!! At the time when I needed a ride the most due to exhaustion or bad weather...every single vehicle with a "Jesus Is Lord" tag on the bumper or a fish above the taillights has passed me by. EVERY freaking time!!!!!!!!!
Including, I will add, one very rough Sunday morning in Pennsylvania.
I never forgot that. And I have avoided professional Christians ever since.
Because they first avoided me.
Consider my point made.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Some reason the guy in Mandan sounds so familiar. Ruthie in the sky, Where ever you may go, or wherever you travels take you, always remember to stay safe and take care. I must commend you on this blog. You are an inspiration to all, including myself. Thank You for the opportunity to have my comment posted on your site. Thank You,

Big Guy & his Vegetable Pot Garden

Ruthie In The Sky said...

You will always be in my happiest thoughts, Big Guy. ;)

Back Atcha!