Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Did I want to help? Yes. Did I try to help? Yes. Did the folks in charge accept my help? No.

I have been on the road for several days now. And I am hoping that I can hang on this library computer long enough to type all of my news in today.

First of all, I tried to volunteer to help the victims of hurricane Katrina. And in the end I was turned-down cold.

I came a long way through a whole lotta balderdash to have that happen.

The day before yesterday I passed-through the City of St. Louis, Missouri and asked if I could stay in a shelter. I was told that they are all full and that the City was expecting more survivors of hurricane Katrina.

I accepted the news with grace and moved on.

Yesterday I ended up in a little burg called Belleville which is located not far from East St. Louis, Illinois.

When I caught the local news last night I learned that no more survivors plan to come to St. Louis. And the City had gone all out in preparation for them.

[Things that make ya go "hmmmm."]

You wanna know what happened to me on my birthday????

Hang on, Campers, I'll tell ya!

No comments: