Thursday, October 13, 2005

Not MY Neck!

I spent the last couple of days at a very nice women's shelter in Sioux City, Iowa. It's clean, modern and very homey.

BUT! The lady who brought me in took my cell phone and Walkman away. She put them in a ziplock bag and put them away in a locked closet.

Yup.

She told me that if I wanted to stay there that I wouldn't be allowed to listen to my Walkman or use my cell phone inside the building.

Suddenly what was mine was hers.

Last night the woman on "duty" put on a movie that was produced in 1978. The film ran through a "pew-jumper" version of Armageddon. And in the end, those Christians who didn't take the "mark of the beast" were beheaded.

I decided that I would much rather listen to sweet music and talk to my friends than hang out with religious zealots who watch violent B-movies.

So I will be on the road today, heading north, to South Dakota.

No comments: