Saturday, April 15, 2006

My Amber Alert Ticker

Before I bring you all the latest news from my last few days on the road...I want to say this:

If you scroll down to the bottom of my blog, you will notice an amber alert ticker. I have had that ticker on my blog for a long time now.

I keep it there for a reason. A really good reason.

Missing children.

Today I checked my amber ticker [which turns from white to yellow when there is either an active amber alert to report or information related to an ongoing case] and read about a little girl who died at the hands of a predator.

She was found in a neighbor's apartment in Oklahoma. And that little girl never had a chance.

Campers, I want you to check that ticker every time you visit my blog. Maybe you already do that. Do everyone a favor and start doing it from now on.

Efforts are already being put in place to stop these horrible individuals. But your help is needed, too.

Predators are sick. They're crazy. And they're dangerous.

I wish we could just snap fingers and obliterate every single one of them from the face of this Earth.

But we can't.

What we CAN do is PAY ATTENTION to what is going on around us.

I subscribe to the e-newsletter put out by the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children.

That's a helpful tool in the fight against sex crimes.

That's my sermon for today.

No comments: