Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Rest. Comfort. A good friend. Yeah, Baby, yeah!

I am staying in a cozy hotel in the somewhere in the sticks of Delaware right now. My friend Tina took care of me last night. Now I am in the process of recovering from primary frostbite on my right leg [a result of when I sat outside in a wind chill of 11 degrees above zero, waiting to get into that St. Francis Center] and my swollen legs and ankles.

I'm catching up on my sleep in an actual bed [Oh! And what a bed!] and soothing my aching body in a relaxing tub.

It actually took me 45 minutes to scrub Boston off of my body last night!

My friend Tina is coming over to pick me up and I'm going to go to Wal-Mart to get some much-needed items.

I will post again today and I will be reading Luka's, Jayne's and my beloved Pie Shell's blogs tomorrow. That is my Sunday goal after I go to Mass [she's Catholic] with Tina.

And then I will be back on the road on Monday.

Thank you to everyone who sent me comments and emails of encouragement during my time in that awful city!

Again, I love you all!

From Ruthie.* MWAH's!!!

2 comments:

jayne d'Arcy said...

I am very happy to know that you are out of Boston and someplace safe and warm.

Shelleigh (Pixie) said...

Yay! A real bed... you won't be able to sleep for all the silence... and tell me, what color is boston bath water?

;)

Love ya Ruthie!