Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I went to the grocery store here in this small city last night and the check-out guy said:"You wanna know just how bad Butte is? I'll tell ya. One time the Hell's Angels tried to settle in there and the people in Butte ran'em all outta town."

After what happened to me, I believe him.

When I got to Butte, I kept on going to where Interstate 15 splits off of Interstate 90 and turns south.

I waited and I waited and I waited some more and I never got a ride...All night.

Yes, Campers, I sat on that guardrail from 4:30 Thursday afternoon until almost noon yesterday morning.

Then I got a ride.

From a man who lives in Arizona.

See what I mean?

Nope, none of the locals stopped to give me a ride. But they did holler, and squeal tires and some even flipped the finger at me.

Yeehaw.

I was so glad to see the sign for where I am now!

My face is burnt, my lips are chapped and my left foot is sore...But I am alright!

Screw Butte, Montana.

Long live Ruthie In The Sky!!!

No comments: