Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ruthie In Wenatchee

Hello, Campers! Oh boy has it been a long couple of days!

I am now in Wenatchee, Washington where a private group worked with the Salvation Army to put me in a really nice motel tonight. THANK GOD!!!

[Thank you, God]

We are experiencing a serious heat wave here today. The temperature has soared into the high nineties and the humidity has risen right along with it.

According to the local bus riders, the high today is about twenty-degrees above normal for this time of year.

I am working with the private group and will secure a copy of my ID and board a bus to Bellingham, Washington tomorrow.

Moi is determined to replace my ID and catch that ferry to Alaska!!!

My poor nose is all burnt-up, waaahhh!

Ditto for my lips.

But I will probably drink a coke tonight, put on some lotion and lip balm, and feel better about life after that.

Jayne...Thank you for the nice clothes...The shorts came in handy, today!

Oh, and everyone is in love with my necklace.

You really should work harder to market your jewelry.

Okay, Campers, this is Ruthie In The Sky...Heading for an ice cold coke and an even colder motel room.

CRANK UP THAT AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Ruthie,
Hope you enjoyed your visit to Wenatchee. We did have unusually hot weather but it sure put the roses into hyper growth. I liked that. -Carol, A Wenatchee resident for 35 years.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Thank you for your kind comment, Carol.

I loved Wenatchee but the heat was a bit much!!!

Your roses are lovely!

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, click on Carol's name and visit her "personal" blog. :)