Monday, June 12, 2006

Religiously Recognizing Ruthie

I sent the following email to a Christian internet discussion group:
_____________________

In order for everyone to really understand me and what I am about, I
am including a way to access my blog without typing out the actual URL
here.

My blog is called "Ruthie In The Sky" and I guarantee that if you put
the title in the Google search box exactly as I have written it
here...You will get the link to my blog.

That being said, I would like to introduce myself and speak my mind.

I am Ruthie, a fifty-year-old woman and I was born and raised an
American citizen. For the past eleven years I have spent most of my
time hitchhiking all over North America...Including Alaska, many
Canadian Provinces and all of the Continental United States.

I was raised in the Church of Christ but as the years have passed by,
I have been more disappointed than spiritually satisfied with COC and
Christians in general.

I once walked into a church building with 24 hours dust on my face and
a full pack on my back and was all but kicked to the curb.

I once sipped cocoa at Christmas and was forgotten as a first-time
visitor when the group went off to hang church ads on community
doorknobs!

From what I've seen, folks in the COC have become smug conservatives
who openly display "Support Our Troops" stickers and hide their
animosity for me behind a thin veil of condescension.

That is...When they actually notice that I'm there.

Yes, when the "spiritual" smoke clears...I'm usually more invisible to
the Christian rank-and-file than the penny that misses the collection
plate and rolls under a pew!

In other words: The angel remains unaware.

I look forward to your response to my comment. I won't, however, be
surprised if I don't receive any.]
__________________

Sincerely,
Ruth Rader

No comments: