Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Ride To God?

Hello Campers! Today I am in Bremerton, Washington.

Tomorrow I am leaving for another destination.

But I decided to see if I could visit a family of believers and spend time with God in this area today. So I opened the Yellow Pages yesterday and made some calls to some of the congregations listed.

And I asked the person who answered at each place if I could get a ride to Sunday service.

These are the responses that I received:

"Why did you call this number?"
"Are you a member of the -------?"
"Do you believe in Jesus Christ?"
"Well, we don't usually pick people up."
"Why do you want to come to church?"

People, those responses are verbatim.

Needless to say, I didn't go to church today. Any church.

I'd sooner asked for membership in a country club!

No comments: