CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The staff at the hospital took my blood pressure, took some of my blood, took seven x-rays of my foot and wasted my time.

The worthless excuse for a "medical" person mumbled something about arthritis and disappeared.

Then the staff brought in who they referred to as a "social worker" who never gave me a thing to eat. Even though I told her that I was really hungry.

Nope.

She told me that she was going to put me on a bus at 2:30 in the morning to Butte, Montana.

The "nurse" put a removable ankle-guard on my foot that didn't fit with the type of sandal/shoe that I wear.

Nobody thought about an ACE bandage.

And I only got one Ibuprofen. One.

I declined the bus ticket.

I realized that if the bus stopped in some deep downtown location in Butte that I would be screwed.

So I threw off the ankle-guard and walked my hurting, hungry and tired self up to the ramp.

Then I sat down on the inside part of a guardrail, clicked-on my flashlight, pulled a plastic out of my pack, put it and a t-shirt over me, leaned back on my pack and fell asleep.

My last thought was: "Things have got to get better."

No comments: