Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I finally got a ride after the sun came up and stood on the ramp outside of Mile City, Montana that evening. But I never got a ride that night.

Instead, I slathered myself with Deet cream and slept under a tree.

Yesterday morning, I was picked-up by another tie-dyed Jesus look-alike who had already picked-up two other male hitchhikers.

One of the hitchers is familiar with the site Digihitch.com.

We traveled all the way to where I am right now: Bismarck, North Dakota.

I stayed at a motel last night because there is no shelter in this city for single women without children, either.

But there is a jim-dandy mission here for men.

Yup.

And guess what...There's also a shelter for victims of domestic violence.

Do you see a problem here?

I sure do!

No comments: