Wednesday, September 06, 2006

News In The Key Of Katie


Didn't Katie Couric do a great job last night on her debut as anchor of the "CBS Evening News"?

I loved her.

I love her.

She's aces.

I've known people like her througout the course of my life. And I appreciate every one of them.

Katie asked viewers to send in an idea for her nightly sign-off.

I'm going to.

[Click on the post headline above to visit the CBS News website]

Geez, but I've been around for a long time, Campers!

I remember when my parents bought our first color tv that carried the dramatic opening statement: "Direct From Our Newsroom In New York, In Color, This Is The CBS Evening News With Walter Cronkite And..."

Yeah.

CBS carried war coverage then and is broadcasting it now.

Technology has changed. The news anchor has changed.

Have we?

Good Luck, Katie.

No comments: