Friday, October 27, 2006

Bring Ben Justice, God!

I came across the following on the official website for hitchhikers, Digihitch.com:
_________________

[Body Of Missing Colorado Hitchhiker Found

October 5, 2006

ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) — The body of a Colorado hitchhiker has been found in an isolated area in southwest Wyoming and authorities are suspecting foul play.

The body of Ben Bradley, of Tabernash, Colorado, was found by a group of sightseers Sunday near Boar's Tusk north of Rock Springs in Sweetwater County.

Police say the 29-year-old Bradley was hitchhiking to Jackson to celebrate his birthday with friends.

Bradley was last seen in Rock Springs on June second.

Police declined to release further details because the homicide remains under investigation.]
____________________

God watched over me when I walked through a rough section of Chicago at 4:30 in the morning. He watched me when I sat alone on a guardrail in the darkness in the middle of nowhere. He especially watched over me every time I was picked up by a stranger.

God blessed me through bad weather, bad roads, bad neighborhoods, bad vibes and protected me from bad people.

I have been through Wyoming many times and the State Police there have become increasingly awful to me.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if one of them killed that man.
[Update 2008: I still stand by that statement.]

3 comments:

surprised? said...

this is the area of which evil dick cheney used to live. wouldnt surprise me a bit.

Anonymous said...

Ben always smiled, He always laughed, He loved to play, And he had "NO EGO" A TRUE Free Spirit.
He was real!!!
A strait up real brother.

He set the standard!!!!!!!

May Jah tell the story of truth to those who seek it!

Ben will always be my brother from the same mother " Earth"

This indiginous peace soldier, walked, talked, and sang to his own rythm of Freedom. Real Freedom.
May the Universe Bless his Soul.
Love, a Truth Seeking Sister of his.

Ruthie In The Sky said...

I'm going to hope that Ben is not the guy that I spent some road time with.

When I find his photo I will post it and you tell me if you recognize it.

I am truly hoping this isn't the guy that I meant at Camp Casey in Washington DC.