Thursday, December 21, 2006

Ruthie On The Road, Update III

A policeman showed-up and took me back to the hospital. The ER nurse threw a fit but the cop and the doctor ended-up shutting her up.

Meanwhile, three cops went looking for my pack that I left back behind the guardrail on the ramp. I was so cold and tired, I couldn't carry it back down with me.

They found it and returned it to me.

Then they got me a room for the next day-and-a-half at the local Motel 6.

I walked into the motel office at 6:00 a.m. and the man there said, "Hi, I've been in your shoes before. You just eat these warm pot pies I fixed and then go to your room, get a hot shower and go to bed. You don't have to leave until 11:00 a.m. tomorrow morning."

Wow.

Later that day, I called a preacher who told me that he'd stop by and bring me some food.

I waited. Then I waited some more. Etc.

When I called him back he yelled at me and told me that he was "busy getting ready for Christmas" and then hung up on me.

Yup. Just like that.

I called the front desk and got some more pot pies.

Yeehaw!

No comments: