Monday, January 01, 2007

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Greetings and a wish for a Happy New Year from me to you, Campers!

I am somewhere in South Dakota today and will be here overnight [I rolled in here yesterday] and then I'll get back on the road tomorrow.

I FINALLY got out of Chicago and rolled through the night from the border of Illinois, to Wisconsin, Minnesota and finally South Dakota.

As I traveled, the weather got worse. Yesterday morning, I was exhausted and the snow and ice were blowing and building-up everywhere.

So...since it was New Year's Eve and I hadn't slept in a bed in a few days, I decided to get off the bus and spend a couple of days at this motel.

It's a nice place and because I am a bus customer [I had my ticket re-issued through Jefferson Lines] I got a nice discount on the cost of my motel room.

Yeah, baby, yeah!

They have a continental breakfast AND a coffee-maker [with java fixins], a hair-dryer, iron [with full-size board] and full cable in the room for under $45.00 [on a holiday!].

It sure is great to run across a business that treats customers fairly!

No comments: