Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ruthie On The Road, Update I

HELLO EVERYONE! Okay, I know that I have said it before, but I have been out-of-touch for two reasons: 1.) I took several weeks off and rested my old body and injured left foot in a motel in Ontario, Oregon. 2.) I got back on the road.

I left Ontario, Oregon and I ended-up in a little town that's located south of Birmingham, Alabama. I had been traveling with a woman, her two dogs (one of the dogs looked just like that smart pup on "Frasier" and the other mutt was HUGE and shed it's red fur EVERYWHERE!)and one spastic, psycho cat in a 1987 JEEP.

We got along alright until we reached Alabama. Then she started to spend more and more time in the ladies room. When she got back behind the wheel, her eyes looked like fifty-cent pieces. Finally, when she almost ran into the trailer of a big-rig, I bailed.

It was about 3:30 a.m. when I walked up to a lonesome Waffle House set-up in the middle of nowhere.

Just as I reached the front door, several cops showed up in their cruisers. It was time for their donut break.

I considered it to be perfect timing from God.

1 comment:

mary said...

Glad you are back online. Missed you and wondered how you were doing. What was the name of the small Alabama town?

How do you decide which way you are going to hitchhike to? It is still a bit cold here in sunny, So Cal, and even last week, snow in PA (and other places). I feel for anyone that has to be outdoors in winter weather.

Thank you for comment on my blog, so I knew you were back (I do check everyday, but it makes it easier when you let me know!)

Liked your poem.

Wish you well.