Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ruthie On The Road, Update III

I woke up later on in the morning and smiled. The sun was up and the roaches were hiding.

I took a shower and left Hooterville behind.

It took forever to get a ride! And after I got around Birmingham, I opted to go to a hospital.

My left foot was swollen up so much that it looked like it was ready to give birth to another one!

So, the folks there got me some authentic Alabama cookin' and a comfortable room at a Day's Inn. The hot water in the shower felt good and nothing ever crawled across the floor. Or anywhere else, for that matter!

I decided to return to Ontario, Oregon and slept on the grass, in plain view at a truckstop in Tennessee and Arkansas. I finally got a ride out of Tennessee...but Arkansas turned-out to be a hitchhiking curse!

No comments: