Thursday, April 12, 2007

Imus Make This Warning

I will probably miss the bus to write this...but I won't leave today without posting my feelings about the flap with malice-mouth radio jock Don Imus.

I don't think that he should be fired. Furthermore, I think that A WHOLE LOTTA PEOPLE are overreacting.

Big time!

So Imus shot off his mouth...what else is new?

I'll tell you what's new...some people's skin has grown thinner. The pigment hasn't changed...oh no! But the crust is beginning to crumble.

And that, Campers, is just too damned sad.

So he called the women's basketball team "nappy-headed ho's."

Well, so what?

In fifty-one years, I can guarantee you, Campers, that I have been called ALL KINDS OF THINGS!

Yeah! Wow!

Did I believe the negative words? NO. Did the nasty words kill me? NO.

Did the labels take away my talents and abilities or destroy my carefully-crafted character? NO, again.

The women should have taken the observation as a joke and then high-fived each other for being recognized (at all) by one of the most popular broadcasters in America.

So what if he said what he did?

That's Imus.

I mean, this is the type of guy who would send his grandmother a jar of his toe jam for Christmas.

An insult from Don Imus IS a compliment!

Geeez!

Now people go running to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton every time somebody says something that's not found in a jar of sheen!

And it's ridiculous and petty and pitiful and pathetic!

I see a pattern developing here and I don't like it. At all.

For the remainder of my natural lifetime I will say what I want to say. And I will write what I want to write.

Including my upcoming book.

With no gag on me.

DO YOU HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING?

I honestly don't believe that Don Imus meant to be hateful. I doubt that he wakes up every morning with crosses burning in his brain.

He's just an acid-tongued radio shock-jock. IT'S HIS JOB TO SAY THAT STUFF!

And it is ours to decide if it's worth listening to.

YOU can stop listening, basketball janes. But don't you dare try to control what I write or say!

2 comments:

mama mary said...

Gee, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard jokes made about my ethnicity I would be a rich woman today!

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Yeah, ya know...nobody has been able to peg my heritage.

But then...nobody has been able to articulate very many words past Mars.