Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I walked out of Pasco, Washington and into a wild windstorm. By the time I got to the edge of the city, the wind was blowing the dust 50 miles an hour.

Grit blew into my hair, nose, mouth and eyes. I felt like I was in a vacuum cleaner bag!

A guy picked me up and drove me all the way to Walla Walla, Washington where I am now.

I am only going to be able to stay here for a week and then I'll have to find a place to go after that. The Salvation Army here was willing to pay $170.00 for me at the local YWCA but that is a domestic violence shelter. So I'm only going to be able to stay for seven days.

The public library here would not allow me to use their computer terminals because I am not a resident of Washington State. So that's why I am posting this at the local community college.

Which is a rather noisy place.

So I might switch terminals in a minute.

No comments: