Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Basking In The Cool In Bellingham

Now I am in Bellingham, Washington and enjoying the nice seventy-five degree days. The temperature hovers between sixty-five and seventy-five degrees during the day. It's much cooler than that at night.

While the rest of Nation swelters in the late-August swamp, I am happy to turn my face into cool, Pacific Ocean breezes.

I've stayed at the shelter for the last two weeks. It's been alright.

I sleep on a mat on the floor [but they do give me a pillow, case, sheet and blanket to use] and eat my meals downstairs in the kitchen.

Tomorrow will be my last day there.

On Friday, I am planning on taking a bus out of the area.

Destination: Ontario, Oregon.

And then?

Off to the land where the hills will turn into a fiery arrangement of red, orange and yellow.

East.

And thanks to some gracious folks here in Bellingham, I will be able to see those hills.

Before I leave here, I will go over to Wal-Mart and pick-up my new glasses.

See?

No comments: