CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Hitchhiking Memory

Featured Road Poem For January 2008:

I've got sore and aching feet
And I smell like stinking DEET
A headache is banging in my brain
And to top it off, it's going to rain!!

Pick me up, Mister
Give me a ride
I'm smiling at you, Sister
But I'm screaming inside!

I've been on the road all day
With dust and flies in my way
And I know there'll be hell to pay
If I don't find a place to stay

Pick me up, old man
The day is ending soon
Give me a ride, Ma'am
I know you have the room

Yeah, I'm just a gypsy female
And I see your truck turning around the bend
Please take me away from this guard rail
And be my last chance roadside friend.

-Poem By Ruth Rader. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

littlerichardsmith said...

hello my name is rocky. i met you once in pendleton or, i was working at a coffee shop (i gave you coffee) i think it was about 11-06. i have benn checking you'r blog ever since. i love your poem (a hitchhiking memory) as i have hitchhiked from pendleton to portland and back (just for fun) many times. and it is so true.....praying for you.....rocky

Ruthie In The Sky said...

Hello, Rocky. I don't remember you but that's not unusual. I meet quite a few new people every year.

And I am flattered that you remember me and have been reading my blog.

I assume, too, that I will find your visits listed on my tracker?