Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Have A Cane

"Even for those Blacks who did make it, questions of race, and racism, continue to define their world view in fundamental ways. For the men and women of Reverend Wright's generation, the memories of humiliation and doubt and fear have not gone away; nor has the anger and the bitterness of those years."
--Senator Barack Obama.

What a load of crap.

The individuals that Senator Obama is referring to need to grow up.

"Humiliation, doubt, fear, anger, bitterness"...puhleez, people!

If Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would have allowed those five emotions to shape his attitude, he never would have made the great speech that he did. Instead of boldly declaring "I have a dream!" he would have softly whimpered "I have a crutch."

I have a cane.

And a little story to share with you that I originally posted in my blog on March 27, 2007:

Ruthie On The Road, Update IV

I still steady my hand on that same cane today. But I don't lean my view of humanity on a bad grudge.

And for the record, that truck driver is a middle-aged, Black man who shared his kindness with no excuses.

I wonder what Senator Obama would say about him.

No comments: