Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Google Gone Neon


"Looking through the bent [glass] tulips..."

--From the song "Glass Onion"
written/composed by John Lennon and Paul McCartney


I think it looks better this way.

When I opened Google's main page today, I looked at their white logo and winced.

"Now that's just wrong!" I yelled at the monitor screen.

And then I remembered the post that I made about my black blog recently. And I decided to do a little creative investigation of what I refer to as [today's] Google Ghost logo.

So, I grabbed the image, hit negative and inverted the colors. Then I looked at it and burst out laughing.

If you read my "Secret Shade Of Satisfaction" post then perhaps you'll understand why. What first appeared to be Google's worst design nightmare [to those of us who still keep a blog in reverse colors] turned out to be a very clever idea. And I have to believe that the artist designed it that way on purpose.

A secret shade, that brought me much satisfaction, was revealed...but only when I turned the design around.

Now I have an awesome Google logo that will blend in perfectly on my black blog!

Maybe that's how you know that you're living right:

If at the end of the day, when you turn out the lights, you still see something beautiful.

No comments: