Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, New England III

When I arrived in Brattleboro, Vermont yesterday, I took a bus to what I was told is a homeless outreach center.

But the people there never reached out a kind hand to me!

In fact, after going through a ridiculous negotiation, I finally got my laundry done and nothing more.

Then I was told that the local shelter was full.

And awhile later, I was handed a stupid ultimatum, either accept their offer to come up here to New Hampshire...or head out on the road, alone.

I was tired [and still am] and I am now in Claremont, New Hampshire.

After I was dropped-off at the shelter, I walked in looked at the surroundings. And a long, steep staircase stared right back at me.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Hey Ruthie! Where yo at now? Friends from 10 Bricks!