Monday, May 12, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Hello, Campers! I'm back on the road!!! And that's why you haven't heard from me for so long.

I left the abandoned church building in Nyssa, Oregon [where I stayed all winter] and spent a week relaxing in a motel in nearby Ontario, Oregon.

Then, last Tuesday, I hit the road.

I only have a limited time today to tell you about everything.

I hitchhiked from Ontario through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and on to Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and I am now in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.

Yes, I sat in the rain in the middle of the night and shivered for hours. I was granted a motel room. I got several rides from long-haul truckers. And I also watched one driver get taken away in handcuffs, due to warrants, a suspended license and a bad temper.

The typical roadie experiences. Ha!

I promise to fill you all in on the details when I get to Vermont.

No comments: