CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Friday, June 27, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

"I can only drive you to the County Line," he said and never told me why.

After about twenty-minutes or so, that Kansas State Trooper dropped me off on a dark ramp in a very isolated area.

Cold rain was coming down in sheets when he drove off and left me there.

I looked around and noticed a motel at the bottom of the hill and a truck fueling station on the other side of the overpass.

Before I decided which way to go, a big truck came roaring across the overpass and almost hit me.

"Whoa!" I said and jumped out of the way.

A minute later, a young woman with a little boy in a car, spotted me and turned around and stopped.

"Do you need help?!" she shouted out the window.

"Yeah!" I answered and sloshed through the puddles to her car.

No comments: