CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Friday, June 27, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The doctors gave me more bandages and medicine and put me in a cab back to the shelter.

I stayed in Denver and recuperated for four days before taking a cab back downtown and boarding a Greyhound bus to Grand Junction, Colorado.

There I checked into a Motel 6 for two more days before walking back up to the ramp and sticking out my thumb.

I didn't get very far that day but I did discover a VERY NICE motel in a quiet little town on the Colorado border.

The lady there, who ran the place, reminded me of a stereotypical Italian grandmother.

And for $42.00, she put me in a large, comfortable room with a full bath, a 27" TV, a microwave, refrigerator, large, fluffy towels, carved wood furniture and a king-size bed.

I picked up the phone, ordered pizza, salad and an ice cream sundae and soothed my burns in the tub.

I liked it there so much that I ended up staying for three days.

And with this post, I now catch up to THIS one.

No comments: