Friday, June 20, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The rain stopped and I was picked up by a man who has an interesting career: he's organizing "Green Job" training centers all over the United States. He drove me to the Lebanon, New Hampshire area where I met Alan...the guy that I am still corresponding with.

Alan works with a wonderful group of people who provided me with food, a night in a motel, cash and a one-way ticket back to Ontario, Oregon.

I like Alan because he LISTENS and is never bitter about anything. He is kind and has a great outlook on life.

Before he took me to the bus station in White River Junction, Vermont, Alan drove me around the area. And during the tour, I spotted an old hotel that I vow to stay in someday.

I regret that I didn't have a way to remain in that area for awhile.

But Alan and I remain Internet pen-pals to this day.

No comments: