Friday, June 27, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

We climbed out of the SUV and ran into the office of the Motel 6.

Up on the wall, a TV broadcast updates from the Weather Channel. And several other people sat in chairs and waited to see what would happen next.

"I'm going to get you a room here, Ruthie," said Aaron.

"I suggest that you all stay here until things settle down," I replied.

After a long twenty-minutes, the sirens stopped and the sky cleared.

Aaron drove over to Arby's and got me some roast beef sandwiches and curly fries. Then we all walked in to the room at the motel.

I turned on the Weather Channel on TV and we watched the red, yellow and green Doppler patterns as they began to form again.

Then we held hands and prayed.

When I hugged them and said goodbye, I made up my mind that someday I will visit their home in Bolivar, Missouri.

No comments: