CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Friday, June 20, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The couple drove me to their home in Selma, Alabama. And as we rode slowly into town, I searched the streets for any sign of Forrest Gump.

The man explained that he was a preacher of sorts and then pointed at his bare chest.

"I don't like to wear shirts much."

"I don't have that option," I responded.

They both laughed and pulled their old SUV into the driveway.

"Well...we'll get you fed and then you can sleep in the trailer tonight," said the man.

I looked at the white box-like structure on wheels at the end of the driveway.

The man pointed at it and said, "It's a hot night so you might want to pull down the side wall there and sleep with it open."

Then he got out of the rig, undid two latches and one entire side of the trailer came down.

No comments: