Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I am forever astounded by the amount of people who hang on the statement "But I had to get over my fear of picking you up..."

Amy is NOT one of those people. Nope.

She pulled right up beside me and very quickly whisked me away to her home. She and Joe are foster parents who have a HUGE home amid the corn fields of North Central Indiana.

They also have a man-made lake that is fully stocked with fish.

To say the least, they are well off. But they both work hard to keep their lifestyle that way.

I visited with them, played with the babies (they were, at the time of my visit, caring for several rug rats), took a shower, did my laundry, ate two good meals and thanked them profusely.

Then Amy and Joe drove me to a town in the direction that I was heading and put me in a nice (and I do mean NICE) motel for a couple of days. (It included a huge, plasma HD flat-screen TV on the wall) And they made sure that I had enough to eat. They bought me clothes. They ended the final visit with a great dinner at Pizza Hut. Amy parted with a bottle of perfume from Beverly Hills and Joe gave me ten bucks for the road. They also gave me a signed photo of their family that includes their own biological children.

Why did they do all of that for me?

Because it was the right thing to do.

No comments: