CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

I walked out to where Interstate 94 splits off from I-90 and got a ride from a trucker five minutes later.

He drove me all the way to Fargo, North Dakota.

Several rides later, a trucker from the Ukraine (yes, he was born in Russia) picked me up and drove me across Iowa.

After he dropped me off in Iowa, things got rather weird.

I sat down on my pack, beside the ramp to Interstate 57 North in Mt. Vernon, Illinois.

And I baked. Fricasseed. Burned. And Fried.

Finally, a young man with blond dreadlocks pulled back in a pony-tail, stopped his beat-up van and picked me up.

He said that he had friends in a little village that would be happy to let me stay at their home for the night.

That sounded like a fine idea to me...but within twenty-minutes it became obvious that Kell Village is really the Village from Hell.

No comments: