Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

Time passed after I found the little table and chairs. After awhile, the entire town of Geneva and I fell asleep.

A young cop (a buzz cut punk) pulled up in his cruiser and said that he wanted to transport me to a park. He said that I would probably be "more comfortable there."

Well.

When I stepped out of the cruiser, I realized that the "park is situated several miles off of the road that I needed to hitchhike on. AND it is located right next to Geneva's waste water treatment plant!

The park is lit by a single vapor light that kept cutting out every five minutes.

I looked at the cop and said, "You realize that if anything happens to me here...you will be 100% liable."

That one statement started a chain of events that are almost funny now.

No comments: