Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The Great Cop Car Switcheroo:

The cop put me back in the car and drove me to a BP gas station in the nearby town of Berne.

Then he revved his cruiser's engine and drove off in a huff.

"Better him than me," I thought.

A family, just exiting the convenience store, asked me what was going on. I told them.

They offered to take me to Portland, Indiana (Yeah, there really is one) where they were sure that the cops would put me in the local shelter.

That, of course, isn't exactly what happened.

They dropped me off at the police station in Portland, Indiana and disappeared. I walked in and told the cops that I needed to go to the shelter. They responded by saying that the shelter was full.

And then they offered to put me in the back of one of THEIR cruisers and drive me back to Berne.

"Oh, heck, why not?" I thought.

No comments: