CLICK ON IMAGE AND GO TO CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION ON TWITTER

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

When the young man pulled up to the trailer in the tiny village, a huge pit bull dog came bounding out and barked.

Then a guy dressed in camouflage clothes walked out of trailer and asked me, "So what's YOUR deal here, anyway?"

I didn't like his vibes and didn't care when he "introduced" himself as "RoadDog."

The situation was rainbow person meets biker guy meets psycho militia man.

I asked the young man to take me back to the Interstate. He sailed out of the driveway and almost tossed the van into a ditch.

After I demanded that he let me out, he stopped and told me "Don't dis my rainbow family."

I told him to go screw the pit bull and walked away.

My cell phone kept cutting out so I walked up to a nearby farm house and knocked on the door. A woman answered and I asked her to call the local law because I needed assistance.

She did and I walked back across the street and sat in the grass in front of a funeral home and waited for the County Mounties to arrive.

The Sheriff's department transported me to a nearby city, got me some burgers from Hardee's and put me in a room at a Super 8 motel.

They told me that the area around Kell/Hell Village is a major meth haven.

That might explain the existence of the big funeral home in that little nowhere area.

No comments: