Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ruthie On The Road, Update

The Great Cop Car Switcheroo, Part Two:

So I slid in the tight space of yet another police cruiser and the Portland cop drove me back to Berne.

However, instead of dropping me off at the gas station, this guy left me at a nice park. It includes a baseball diamond, dugout, bleachers and picnic tables. And of course, it is located right smack in the middle of an upper-class residential area.

I chose the dugout for my boudoir of choice and found a gray kitten cowering in one corner. He became my furry buddy for the rest of the night...purring contentedly against my neck as I scratched his ears.

In the morning, I walked out of the park and onto the street...where I stuck out my thumb as bold as brass.

A few moments later, I heard the sound of a car horn behind me.

No comments: