Tuesday, July 01, 2008

JerUSAlem

Ruth's_Israel_Pics_1
Photo By Crystal, Central Oregon, July 2008


I didn't want to do anything that would make either Rich or Jenny feel any better about their plastic, preaching selves. So, as I've already posted, I gave the ticket back.

And I walked from the bus station, past where Rich originally picked me up, to the exit to the local airport.

And that is where Crystal (who took the photo above and the new photo of me) picked me up and took me back to her house. She and her husband are a totally different breed of religious folks.

They traveled to the Holy Land and brought back treasures like the olive branch, sea shells and even gravel from Gethsemane.

I am thrilled that they put some of Israel in a Ziploc bag and gave it to me.

And Pat even demonstrated how he blows a MIGHTY BLAST through a sort of steer horn that he and Crystal brought back from Israel.

I now have a wooden Star of David with a cross in the middle on a blue-and-white braided thread around my neck.

They want to put me on a bus, too but I told them that I can get down the road on my own power. The problem isn't transportation...it's housing. And my painfully eroding left foot.

Crystal believes that "We find faith in what we walk through."

She's right.

God bless her and Pat.

Their scattered pearls of wisdom are more precious than any high-dollar statement that Rich and Jenny ever made.

No comments: